Best active 3D glasses
The way we watch videos has known dramatic changes over the course of the last decade. When 3D movies came out, we were all hyped, but then 3D TVs came out, and we could watch 3d movies at home. Of course, the hype with home 3D TVs did not last long because they did not provide the same experience. Nonetheless, people still use them to this day, which is why there is still a demand for 3D glasses.
How 3D TVs and glasses work?
When it comes to 3D viewing, people usually go for a TV or a projector with 3D capabilities. Some even go for a monitor as well, but that is not as common. How do they work? Both of them function by taking an incoming 3D signal that is encoded by the content provider. That signal can be sent using several methods. The receiving devices, in this case the TV and the projector, have an internal decoder whose function is to translate the signal and then display the left and right eye information right on the screen. That is how the image looks like two images are overlapping. In fact, there are two images that are out of focus, but when you put them together, they look three-dimensional.
The technology is inspired by the actual science behind the human eyes. The reason we see in 3D is that one eye gets a picture, and the other another. They overlap and give us the image that we see. The 3D glasses work the same way. One image is meant for the left eye, and the other to the right eye. So the glasses are designed to receive two different images and then pass them to your eyes, which know what to do with it. The brain will merge the two images into one, and that is how 3D glasses work.
Types of 3D glasses
Since technology always finds a way to do one thing using several methods, it only makes sense that there is more than one kind of 3D glasses. Here we have two, and they each come with their own pros and cons.
Passive polarized glasses
The passive polarized glasses are much like sunglasses, and they work on their own. There is no additional power necessary. You can wear them even if you are wearing your eyeglasses and they are quite cheap to manufacture. The price usually depends on the frame style rather than the quality of the lenses.
The pros are that passive polarized glasses are lightweight, and quite cheap if you compare them to the active counterpart. You will also not experience any flickering if you wear them for an extended period of time. As for disadvantages, there are quite a few. For one, the 3D image will only have about half of the resolution of a 2D image on the same TV. The reason is that both eyes images are displayed at the same time on the screen. And two, you may notice some horizontal lines and some other artifacts on the edges of the objects, which is mostly applicable to text and straight shapes.
Active shutter glasses
This time, the glasses are a little bit more robust than their passive counterpart, but that is because they run on batteries, rechargeable or not, depending on the model. They also feature an on/off button, a transmitter that syncs the fast-moving shutters for each eye. As you can imagine, these are a bit pricier.
The advantage of active 3D glasses is that the resolution of the 3D image is the same as for the 2D image. That is because the images for the left and the right eye are not displayed at the same time but in a sequential way. The glasses are also in perfect sync with the projector or TV. The disadvantages are that if you use them for a long time, you will experience some flickering due to the fast opening and closing of the shutters. However, not all people experience that. They are also a little bit heavier. They also require batteries and the price for such a pair is a bit higher. Even so, I think it is worth it since the image is so much better than with passive polarized D glasses.
How to choose the best active 3D glasses
Now that you know to make the difference, you can make a choice, although I strongly recommend the active 3D glasses because the experience is a lot better. You will enjoy it more. That is why you need to take into account a few things before you make a purchase. The factors that you find below are meant to improve your experience.
- Compatibility – some active 3D glasses are optimized for a particular technology. You cannot use a random pair on any TV. Some of them are meant to provide the 3D experience for projectors, and others are designed primarily for the LCD and LED TVs. The specifications of your 3D TV or projector should include the information what glasses you need, so do not forget to check that before you make a purchase.
- Response time – when you look at the specifications of a pair of active 3D glasses, you will notice that they include response time. That is a function that minimizes eye strain. The faster the response time, the less likely you are to suffer from eye fatigue and blurred vision after you watch 3D movies for an extended period of time. The effect is not temporary just so you know.
- Battery life – active 3D glasses come with batteries that need to be changed after they are done, but some models are even better and provide a rechargeable battery, which clearly is better because you spend less money on batteries. Also, the lifespan of the battery is also important. Lucky for you, some models can function up to 40 hours until they need to be recharged, so that gives you some time.
- Design – since active 3D glasses are usually bulkier, you need to go for a model that has a lightweight design. Comfort is essential, especially if you plan on wearing the active 3D glasses for an extended period of time. After all, the last thing you need is a pair of glasses that hurt both your ears and your nose.
What are the best active 3D glasses?
Making a purchase should not be difficult now that you know all the information you need. Another thing that could help you is reading some active 3D glasses reviews online. It could give you some ideas to see what other people bought and how they feel about their purchase. It could not hurt. However, if you do not feel like doing that, you can just purchase one of the models you see below.
Emgreat Active 3D Glasses for Optoma/BenQ/Acer/ LG Projector
Just as the title suggests, this is a pair of active 3D glasses for a projector from Optoma, BenQ, Acer, Adell, LG, Mitsubishi, and a few others. They have a cool appearance, and the design is lightweight which makes them very comfortable. You will not experience any headaches from wearing them, which is convenient if you watch 3D movies on a regular basis. They also feature a humanity electronic design, and that means they have a comfortable operation button. It will not be long until you get the hang of using them.
The Emgreat active 3D glasses feature high-speed LCD lenses. That translates into a millisecond response time. That will protect you from any eyestrain you experience with poorly made active 3D glasses. The high transmission rate ensures the perfect quality. You will not see any flickering or ghost images.
As for power supply, these active 3D glasses uses a CR2025 button cell battery that can ensure up to 100 hours of continuous working. The low-energy alarm function will let you know when the battery is low. The smart synchronization of working frequency will provide an excellent viewing experience that you do not find on many models. Maintenance is easy since the manufacturer will send you a cleaning cloth. The product also comes with a soft pouch for safe storage. Overall, I think you will be more than satisfied with this product.
3DHeaven Ultra-Clear Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses
The active 3D glasses from 3DHeaven is another product that provides one of the best 3D experiences you can ask for. They are a next-generation superfast glasses with a 144 Hz refresh rate. However, it can go backward to 120 HZ or even 96 Hz if you need them to. The experience will be pretty much the same. They do not need an emitter and work with all DLP Link 3D projectors. Since they are designed for projector only, you cannot use them for TVs. You can, however, use them with a vast variety of projector brands.
The design of the 3DHeaven glasses is lightweight, and the super-soft black rubberized frame makes them incredibly comfortable. You will not feel any pain or discomfort, even if you use them for an extended period of time. Although they are bulkier than other models, you should get used to them pretty fast.
The 3DHeaven active 3D glasses have a rechargeable battery that ensures a long working time. Once the battery is low, you can just use the USB charger that you receive and plug them in. No more spending money on batteries. As a bonus, the manufacturer threw in a cleaning microfiber cloth and a hard-case storage box for safe storage.
GoDee 2-Pack Ultra-Clear Active 3D Rechargeable Glasses
Last but not least, the model from GoDee is yet another model that I am sure you are going to enjoy. The package includes two pairs of active 3D glasses so that you can share with your significant other or a friend. This model does not require an emitter wither because it works will all active DLP Link 3D projectors.
The GoDee model has a built-in rechargeable battery and micro USB port that allows fast charging. A 3-hour charging time an provide up to 50 hours of function. In sleep mode, the glasses will remain charged for 180 hours. It is far more convenient than buying batteries every time they are empty.
With the advanced 144 Hz technology, these glasses ensure perfect compatibility with all 144 Hz DLP link projectors. You will recognize the technology if it has the logo ‘3D DLP Ready’. The image is crystal clear, and you will have a flawless experience. The device also features high-quality transmission which means that the data is sent seamlessly. The 2-millisecond response time will not put any strain on your eyes, and the no flickering features will make all your experiences comfortable no matter how long you use the glasses.
While I am sure that all three products presented above will provide a comfortable and flawless experience, if I had to choose only one pair of active 3D glasses, I would go with the Emgreat Active 3D Glasses for Optoma/BenQ/Acer/ LG Projector. They are comfortable, not very bulky, and the battery has an extended life. 100 hours is not a working time that you will find in many models. Not in this price range anyway. That is why I believe that this pair is one of the best active 3D glasses that you can buy.
Watching movies or videos in 3D is far more interesting than the old 2D image. Of course, I like 2D as well, but some movies lose quality in 2D, which is why a pair of active 3D glasses comes in handy. I am sure that one of the products above will satisfy your needs, and o matter which one you choose, you will be delighted with your decision. Click here to buy on Amazon
- An Honest Perspective on Samsung 3d Goggles
- The Ugly Side of Samsung Ssg 5150gb 3d Active Glasses
- The Unknown Details Regarding Active Shutter 3d Glasses That Some People are not Aware Of
- Danger Signs on Rf 3d Glasses You Should Know
- Using Where to Buy 3d Glasses
- The Dlp 3d Glasses Chronicles
- Vital Pieces of Sony Tdg Bt500a Active 3d Glasses
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Active 3d Glasses Sony
- The Key to Successful Sony 3d Active Glasses
- What You Do Not Know About 3d Glasses for Sony Tv Might Shock You
- Be the Very First to Read What an Old Pro is Saying About Sony 3d Glasses Active
- The Most Popular Buy 3d Glasses
- Understanding Samsung Ssg 5150gb
- Un-Answered Questions Into 3d Glasses for Samsung Tv Disclosed
- Secret Shortcuts to Tdg Bt500a Active 3d Glasses Only a Few People Know
- The Insider Secrets for Dlp Link 3d Glasses
- A Secret Weapon for Samsung Glasses
- The Birth of Panasonic 3d Glasses
- Secret Techniques for Sony Bravia 3d Glasses That Only the Experts Know About
- Why Everyone Is Dead Wrong About 3d Glasses Samsung
- The Samsung Active 3d Glasses Game
- Techniques for Samsung 3d Glasses Battery Only a Few People Know About
- What Is So Fascinating About Passive 3d Glasses?
- The Number One Article on Ssg 5150gb
- Purchasing 3d Glasses Price
- The Truth About Best 3d Glasses
- The Fundamentals of Tv Glasses Revealed
- Key Pieces of 3d Tv Glasses
- Facts, Fiction and Lg 3d Glasses
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Sony Active 3d Glasses
- The Debate Over 3d Active Glasses
- One of the Most Ignored Systems for 3d Glasses for Tv
- The Start of Sony 3d Glasses
- Characteristics of 3d Glasses
- What Absolutely Everybody Is Saying About Active 3d Glasses